CoeLux® is a young high-tech company that develops and sells artificial windows that are virtually indistinguishable from real windows. Thanks to the use of sophisticated optical systems, nanocomposite materials and customized-LED projectors, CoeLux products illuminate interior spaces as true windows under the sky and the sun, while those looking through perceive the presence of an infinite space. Having launched a new product generation, the company is now entering the industrial phase, with the ambition to further reduce product weight, size and cost, and so develop luminous windows which stand as an alternative to traditional lighting.
We are looking for a
JUNIOR R&D MATERIAL ENGINEERING
The candidate will directly report to the R&D Project manager and will provide support to the R&D team in studying and testing novel strategies for development on new nanostructured materials.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- At the stage of project development, provide support to the R&D team in the present running project;
- Lab scale synthesis of organic/inorganic composite materials with particular focus on polymerization technique (emulsion, photocuring, casting, etc);
- Surface structuring of different substrate by means of coating or chemical modification (paint, colloidal dispersion, functionalization, anodization, etc);
- During the definition of the validation strategy, contribute to the requirements definition and validation methods for the materials/processes;
- Management of collaboration with external laboratories for testing and analysis that cannot be performed at Internal lab;
- Prepare the report and technical specifications for materials and procedure to be used;
- Minimum experience in same or similar roles (1yr);
- Experience in laboratory tests on materials (DLS, DSC, Microscopy);
- Knowledge and use of the main laboratory instrumentation for materials testing (ageing, adhesion, etc);
- Clear and simple reporting capabilities, with the analysis and synthesis of results;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills;
- Ability to organize and summarize data and plans in presentable formats: Excel, Word, Power Point, others;
- Excellent knowledge of English language; speaking Italian is preferred;
The offer is an exclusive opportunity for motivated candidates to experience the exciting adventure of being part of a recognized start-up with a precise and consolidated development plan on an international basis, also characterized by a charismatic leadership, a young business climate and inspired by a constant exploitation of talents and merits.
HEADQUARTER: Lomazzo (Como), 25km north of Milan (Italy)