CoeLux® is a high-tech company that develops and sells artificial windows that are virtually indistinguishable from real windows. Thanks to the use of sophisticated optical systems, nanocomposite materials and customized-LED projectors, CoeLux products illuminate interior spaces as true windows under the sky and the sun, while those looking through perceive the presence of an infinite space. Having launched the second product generation, the company is now entering the industrial phase, with the ambition to further reduce product weight, size and cost, and so develop luminous windows which stand as an alternative to traditional lighting.
The company searches, under responsibility of the Engineering Manager, a
Senior Optical Engineer
We are looking for good level Senior Optical Engineer to be added to our engineering team in Italy.
- Supplier process support for manufacturing micro optics. Drive design for manufacturability in new product development;
- Task for the position is to contribute towards activities end-to-end product development team focused on successfully developing, prototyping, and producing advanced optical solutions for innovative lighting products;
- Work within a multidisciplinary development team to provide optical solution industrialization;
- Collaborate with optical R&D team to define design concepts and select key optical technologies in-line with requirements;
- Generate product documentation including optical design specifications, and optical design performances reports;
- Perform engineering product verification to ensure compliance to requirements;
- Technologies and suppliers scouting and selection to optical design industrialization;
- Micro-optical designs transfer to suppliers for industrial technologies implementation;
- Work well with diverse geographical team;
- Relevant engineering degree in optics with 5+ years’ experience;
- Background competences in the imaging and non-imaging optic fields;
- Knowledge in optical and micro-optics technologies, materials, components, manufacturing processes, and constraints;
- High initiative, able to work with a minimum of direction, and able to work in team environment;
- Ability to travel worldwide;
- Fluent knowledge of Italian and English language;
- Bachelor of Science or Engineering Degree or higher in relevant discipline;
- Master Degree or PHD in Optical engineering (preferred);
Place of work: Lomazzo (Como), Italy
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying ref. 2018-006.